Did you know?
- Extremely common in men — One in every 10 people will develop kidney stones at least once during their life-time
- Although kidney stones are most common from ages 20 through 50, they tend to peak around age 30
- Most people develop only type of stone — Calcium oxalate stones are the most common type, accounting for around 80% of all stones
- Pregnant women also face an increased risk for developing stones due to their increased cardiac output, their kidney’s increased filtration activity, & an increase in the amount of calcium absorbed by the intestines & released into the urine during pregnancy
Causative & Risk factors
What are the causative & risk factors of kidney stones?
- Dehydration is the main cause
- Diet rich in calcium, uric acid, protein, salt & sugar — 2nd biggest cause
- High BP
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hot & dry climates (Summers)
- Certain medications like diuretics, topiramate etc.,
- Certain conditions like gout, UTI, IBD etc.,
Signs & Symptoms
- Loin to groin pain is the main symptom
- Nausea & vomiting
- Urgency to pass urine
What are the different types of kidney stones?
1) Calcium oxalate
2) Uric acid
Homeopathic over Allopathic
What are the advantages of homeopathic medicines over allopathic treatment?
Possible side-effects of allopathic treatment
Advantages of homeopathy
Sodium citrate / sodium bicarbonate; Phosphorus solutions
Symptomatic treatments (ibuprofen; acetaminophen; naproxen sodium)
Surgical interventions (Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy; Percutaneous nephrolithotomy; Ureteroscopy)
* Treatment results may vary from person to person
Treatment at Drs Homeo International
Assess root causes
Holistic approach with
Nutritional guidance to improve overall well-being
Eat / Drink:
Treatment plan is based on your age, duration & size of kidney stones.
A combination of homeo & ayurvedic treatments could also be advised for the best results
Holistic approach —
Correcting the underlying
deep-rooted cause / associated conditions not only resolve the kidney stones but also prevent the formation of new stones
Improved quality of life:
* Along with kidney stones, we also treat gall stones, urinary tract infections (UTI) & prostate enlargement
Why Drs Homeo International?
At Drs Homeo International Homeo, we have treated patients with kidney stones effectively with a combined success rate of 97%. Pie diagram — Cured (97%); No significant change (2%); No change at all (1%)
How to prevent the formation of kidney stones?
- Proper hydration (key preventive measure) — We recommend drinking enough water to pass about a minimum of 2.5 litres of urine each day. Increasing the amount of urine you pass helps flush the kidneys
- Alternatives to water — Ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, & fruit juice can be taken instead of water to help you increase your fluid intake. If the stones are related to low citrate levels, citrate juices could help prevent the formation of stones
- Eating oxalate-rich foods in moderation & reducing your intake of salt & animal proteins can also lowers the risk of kidney stones
- Your doctor may prescribe medications to help prevent the formation of calcium & uric acid stones in case of genetic history