Did you know?
- 80% of your immune system is in your gut
- Dieting can decrease the effect of immune system
- The Power Of Sun — Exposure to the sun powers up your immune system. Sunlight aid not only in the production of vitamin D, but it can also improve the mobility of T-cells that are active participants in the body’s immune response
- 3 white poisons (Sugar, salt & maida) — Suppress the immune system
- Eat a balanced diet & get plenty of exercise will help your body fight off infections
- Emotions influence our immune system — Best way to boost immune system is to reduce stress
- Why does your child get so many colds? Your child gets frequent fever, while his / her classmate barely misses school due to an illness? — It is due to your child’s relatively weakened immunity
- 3 signs that reflects your child’s low immunity — Catching a cold / cough frequently & slow recovery; Overweight / Underweight; Delayed healing of wounds
- A good night sleep is mandatory — Getting under 5 hrs of sleep can deprive your immunity
What are the types of immunity?
1) Innate / inborn — Species individual
- Active — Acquired with the disease
- Passive — Placenta; Mother’s milk
- Active — Vaccine (Killed, attenuated, toxoid, component, recombinant DNA)
- Passive — Immune serum
What & Why?
Immunity is nothing but the ability of a body to defend itself from ‘foreign bodies’
Immunity is aimed at maintaining a delicate balance between health & disease
Type I diabetes
Inflammatory bowel disease
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Lupus)
Balanced immune system
= Optimal health
Mold / fungus
Function of Immune system
What does your immune system do?
The immune system is your body’s natural defence system. The parts of the immune system that protect your body against foreign bodies like bacteria & viruses are — Adenoids; Appendix; Blood vessels; Bone marrow; Lymph nodes; Lymphatic vessels; Peyer’s patches; Spleen; Thymus; Tonsils
Importance of vaccination
What is the importance of vaccination?
- You may be born with short-term protection from certain diseases / you may be protected after you get an infection / a vaccine.
- Immune system make antibodies to fight a disease with the help of a vaccine. Those antibodies will then fight the disease if you’re exposed to it in the future. This helps you from getting sick / reducing the severity of it.
What are the risk factors that can weaken your child’s immune system?
- B cell (antibody) deficiencies
- T cell deficiencies
- Combination of B & T cell deficiencies
- Defective phagocytes
- Complement deficiencies
- Unknown (idiopathic)
- Certain health problems like diabetes, cancer, HIV, & autoimmune diseases
- Chemotherapy / radiation
- Certain medications like corticosteroids
- Changing lifestyles
- Increased junk food consumption
- Born with a weak immune system
- Lack of exercise / outdoor activities
Signs & Symptoms
What are the waring signs & symptoms of a weakened immune system?
- Susceptibility to infection is the primary symptom of a weak immune system
- Infections that people with a weak immune system often get include:
d) Severe eczema & other skin infections
- The weak immune system symptoms can include the following:
a) Autoimmune disorders
b) Delayed healing — Gets sick faster & for longer periods of time from usual childhood infections
c) Blood disorders / abnormalities, such as anemia
d) Digestive issues, including loss of appetite, diarrhea, & abdominal cramping
e) Growth & developmental delays in infants & children
f) Low energy levels & sleep disturbances
g) Memory problems — Low concentration & weak memory
h) Sinus infections
What are the complications in children with low immunity?
- Frequent severe infections — Pneumonia; Meningitis; Bronchitis; Skin infections (These infections may recur with a high frequency).
- Often attacked by autoimmune disorders — Addison’s disease; autoimmune hepatitis; Crohn’s disease; multiple sclerosis (MS); type 1 diabetes; ulcerative colitis
- Damage to heart, lungs, nervous system / digestive tract
- Increased risk of cancer
- Death from serious infection
Because childhood immunity can be increased with natural & safe homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic medicines offer long-lasting natural immunity & can help your children from several infections.
According to homeopathy research institute, India leads in terms of number of people using homeopathy, with 100 million people depending solely on homeopathy
(Source — https://www.hri-research.org/resources/essentialevidence/use-of-homeopathy-across-the-world/)
* Say No To Antibiotics
How can your homeopathic physician diagnose immunodeficiency?
Your homeopathic doctor will ask about your history of illnesses, genetic, immunological, emotional & psychological parameters along with symptoms
Blood tests used to diagnose an immune disorder include:
- WBC count
- T-cell count
- Antibody test
- Complement test
Interpretation of the levels of different types of immunoglobulins
Immunoglobulin types & sources
IgA (10% to 15%) — Nose, breathing passages, digestive tract, ears, eyes, & vagina. Also saliva, tears & blood
IgG (75% to 80%) — All body fluids & only type of antibody that can cross the placenta
IgM (5% to 10%) — Blood & lymphatic fluid (Forms when infection appears for the 1st time in the body)
IgE — Lungs, skin, & mucous membranes (elevated in most allergies)
IgD — Small amounts in the tissues that line the abdomen / thorax
Prenatal testing — Samples of the amniotic fluid, blood & chorion are tested for abnormalities.
In some cases, DNA testing is done to root out genetic defect. Test results make it possible to prepare for treatment soon after birth, if necessary.
Homeopathy over Allopathy
What are the advantages of homeopathy over allopathy?
Possible side-effects of allopathic treatments
Advantages of homeopathy
Symptomatic treatments (Antibiotics, analgesics, NSAIDs etc.,)
Immunomodulators & immunosuppressants
IV Immunoglobulin Therapy
* Athletes who engage in “blood doping”, pumps blood into their systems to boost their number of blood cells rapidly & enhance their performance but run the risk of strokes
Treatment at Drs Homeo International
Identify the root cause
Natural medicines — Holistic approach
Mind-fullness — Early identification & treatment of the disorder is very important which results in happy & productive lives
Life-style modifications for your child:
- Well balanced diet — Make sure your child eats lots of vegetables & fruits. Absolutely avoid foods with artificial colours & preservatives (When You Can’t Eat Fresh, Eat Frozen)
- Breastfeeding — Breastfeeding the baby for at least 1 year after delivery is extremely essential for building the child’s immunity. Colostrum, the first breast milk, has very high levels of immunoglobulins, especially IgA. These immune factors not only fight off illness & infection, but also protect against allergies such as milk allergies, eczema, & wheezing, especially for infants who have a family history of allergies
- Get enough sleep — Ensure your child have a quality sleep, as incomplete / disturbed sleep can make the child easily tired & more prone to infection. Newborns need at least 18 hours; infants (4-12 months) need 12-16 hours; toddlers (1-2 years) require 11-14 hours; kindergarten children (3-5 years) need 10-13 hours & school children need 9-12 hours
- Exercise regularly — One of the pillars of immunity & healthy living. It improves cardiovascular health, lowers blood pressure, helps control body weight, & protects against a variety of diseases
- Maintain personal hygiene — Teach children to wash their hands before eating / preparing food, after going to the toilet, & after playing / touching animals / dirty things (Unclean hands transmit almost 80% of infections in children)
- Make a schedule for vaccination & follow it strictly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Try to minimise stress
- Avoid mobile phones completely — Although mobile phones are an easy way to distract children / keep them occupied but the negative effects of regular use of mobile phones causes disturbed brain activity; reduced academic performance; increases the chance of academic malpractice; causes sleep disruption etc.,
- Educate your children that “Smoking” & “Alcohol” are the two most dirty habits
*** Constitutional homeopathic treatment, along with these diet & lifestyle changes, can work wonders in boosting the immune system
** Vitamin supplements are not beneficial to your immune system unless you are deficient & not harmful either, even when you are adequate
Why trust Drs Homeo International Homeo for your child’s health?
At Drs Homeo International Homeo, we have treated immune deficient persons patients effectively with a success rate of 94%. Pie diagram — Cured (94%); No significant change (4%); No change at all (2%)
Foe every 10 patients treated, up to 4 were under the age of 12. Of this patient base of children, 94% has seen positive treatment outcome from homeopathic treatment for ailments including hair loss, skin disorders, respiratory issues, allergies, poor immunity & asthma amongst others.
Who are eligible to take our homeopathic immune boosting medicines?
- Children (less than 3 years) — Immature immune response
- Elderly (more than 65 years) — Reduced capability of immune response
- High risk groups like diabetics, chronic kidney diseases, cancers, HIV, organ transplant patients etc.,
How can we prevent immune deficiency?
Rheumatoid arthritis cannot be prevented & it is a difficult disease with many complicated manifestations.
While there is no cure for osteoarthritis, there are many ways to prevent it & relieve & manage it’s symptoms.
Embracing the healthy lifestyle with low-impact exercise, getting plenty of rest & enough sleep, & maintaining a healthy diet & weight can lead you to a happy & productive life with controlled arthritis.